2/02/2008

Just like Mother still makes...

It's Saturday, and I've just looked at a few more houses - and then back at Durham Street, where we're hoping that interest rates going down this week might just make all the difference... More on that tomorrow.

As I've been sick this week, all the get-well advice I've received has centered around two things - drugs I can't afford, and chicken soup, the cure-all.

My mom's chicken soup is, of course, the best ever. I know it's the cooking time that makes the difference, but I'm convinced that the parsnip has a lot to do with it. And the whole onion (which Mom should never throw away, she should give it to me.). Someday I will even be brave enough to make it myself.

George just fed me soup for lunch. It's basically an Indian version of chicken soup (but with only trace amounts of clove and curry so it's not so icky), and has the same affect of making you feel better.

Hmmm.... I wonder if I should excavate the freezer tomorrow, and see if that parsnip soup is still alive...

(George just gave me a bag of chocolates for a tea contribution for later. He's precient. I am the luckiest one ever!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't make soup like your mom's (don't even think I've had hers), but I can be present to help and support while you make yours! And if you want to do a round of mine with me to see what ideas you like/don't, that's cool, too. I take ideas from everywhere.