2/08/2008

Done (well, almost)!

It's happening! It's really happening.

The offer on the house is still open. I signed a new agreement of sale. The seller made a verbal agreement today and will sign it on Monday. And if all goes according to plan, on March 13, I will close on the house I hope to live in for a good long time!!!!!!

There's so much to do:
  • Arrange for the inspection

  • Buy homeowner's insurance

  • Amass all of the paperwork for the mortgage

  • Buy title insurance

  • Pack

  • Get rid of lots of stuff

  • Buy major appliances for (I hope) very little money

  • Keep packing

  • Get out of my lease

  • Arrange to move services (phone, electric)

  • Change my address on everything!

  • More packing

  • Move the fragile things

  • Talk to Arlene about furniture, and hopefully acquire some

  • Rent a truck

  • Spend very little money

  • Do my taxes so I can get a refund

  • Still more packing

  • Keep working, teaching classes, writing dance programs, going to dances

Did I mention how exceedingly, extremely and completely excited I am!!!! I just want to be there!!! I have to keep talking George down from all of the projects he's planning. Not that I don't want him to plan, but I have to really make sure I spend no more money than I absolutely have to so I can pay for all of the pesky moving things - installation of appliances, truck rental, food for movers, more packing tape than seems necessary. I want to transport as many of the fragile things myself if I can, and save the furniture, books, etc, for the moving party.

Should I plan on moving on 3/22 or 3/29?

Should I have my bedroom be in the front of the house with the bay window and the fireplace, or the back looking out on the yards, and leave the front room for an upstairs parlour?

Where should I put/hide the TV and VCR/DVD player?

Which room should be Bear's room?

What color and what kind of (cheap) appliances should I get?

I'll post a couple of house pictures again - just 'cause...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, personally, if it were me I'd leave the bay window room for an office rather than the boudoir... After all, you need the window seat for tea time!

Anonymous said...

Is "office" the same as "craft room," or is that more than one place? Is one or the other of them to be combined with the guest room?

As to which should be your bedroom: something presently unknown (and maybe unknowable for now) like noise may decide it. Or where the sun blazes at oh-dark-thirty on Sunday mornings. Or how the furniture fits. Or any of a number of tiny but significant things. I recommend sleeping around until you have tried various directions in all the rooms being considered.

But overall? I'm really, really excited for you! Looks lovely and I can't wait to visit and help.

Anonymous said...

Guest room is definitely separate from craft room/office, which I think will be one and the same. One thought is to make the upsatirs bay window room office/parlor/Bear's Room with a sofa, electric kettle for tea, the TV, and general comfyness, and to have a separate craft room. I'm leaning toward bedroom in the back, but I want to get in there and do some measurements so i can plot out on graph paper and start planning.