3/31/2008

Endless lists...

I live in Mt. Airy now. How wacky is that? It hit me tonight as I was driving home after coffee with Chrissy and Eleanor that my route home did not involve the Schulkill Expy, and hopefully not a big parking search. And lo, there was my spot in front of the house! My house.






But in the end, it's not so strange. All of my stuff is here, and it's the same stuff. I still use the same pots and pans, need to get the same lunches together to take to work. It's just the underlying set-up of each day is still in the formative stages, i.e., the house is a mess.

Which is only natural given that I moved in two days ago. And given that I'm still missing a bunch of furniture, I cannot really decide how things will be set up, where all of the bookshelves will go, etc.

Instead I'm making lists:

-Lists of things to buy
  • A hose

  • A third telephone

  • A spade

  • A new lampshade for my bedside table

-Lists of things to do

  • Plant the flat of pansies on the porch

  • Wash all of the pots, pans, dishes, etc., and decide where they will go in the kitchen

  • Iron the now washed curtains and hang them

  • Sweep, sweep, sweep

  • Figure out an interim solution for linen and hanging clothes storage

  • Arrange furniture

  • Unpack

  • Taxes

-House projects that need doing sooner than I thought

  • Closets deep enough for modern hangers

  • Shelves in closets for linens and other storage

  • Shoring up the kitchen and laundry room walls and floors

And on, and on...

No comments: