3/11/2008

Packing. Rats.

Happy Tuesday, my first free evening of Break, my first chemical-free day in weeks, and my first real packing evening.

I know you all know this, but oh my do I have a lot of stuff. There's nothing like seeing exactly how little fits into one box to really bring it home to you just how far you have to go. I believe I'm going to be packing until the cows come home.

In my head the packing won't take too long and is very compartmentalized: books, craft stuff, kitchen stuff, breakables. But then there's everything else - the contents of the bathroom linen shelves, the noxious chemicals, all of the hanging clothes, the shoes, the stuff (no better word for it) in my front and back closets, electronic equipment, heck, clothing. And there's so much of it, and I have 2.5 weeks, and...

And I will get it done, but gosh.

Andrew helped me pack 8 boxes of books and dance stuff, and wrap up all of my cds and tapes tonight. I'm happy for any kind of start, and now eager for the boxes Peter will bring me tomorrow so I can just keep going. And I really can't wait for Mom and Deb because doing the stuff on your own is especially unfun. And besides, mom is the super packer, and there is no one I would rather have helping me pack the kitchen and breakables!

So for the rest of the night I will putter, wash dishes, stretch, sort papers, throw things away, do my last bit of handwashing in the apartment, worry, stretch, and try to get a good night's sleep...

This is me as I am now in a calm moment:

It won't last...

No comments: