3/09/2008

Longing for a nap...

Someday I'll get back to weekend posting. Really I will. But not this past weekend.

It's amazing. A week ago I was in back pain-induced misery and ready to cancel my Boston Ball registration. Then the miracle of drugs happened and I decided to go to the ball, but not do any of the skippy dances. Then it was the ball, and as usual, I did every single dance, hard floor and back pain be damned. And had a fabulous time!!

Then before the ball I'd pretty much decided that since I was staying with Susie in Lynn, I wouldn't go to the after-party in Arlington - not exactly on the way home from Watertown. Then I decided to pretend Arlington was on the way home, like Lansdowne can always be on the way home if you try really hard, and, you know, just stop in to the party for a few minutes. And then suddenly it was 3am, which meant it was really 4am (who thought it was a good idea to put the time change on Boston Ball weekend I want to know!), which meant straggling into bed in Lynn a bit before 5am new time. Hence the need for a nap and the excuse for scattered posting.

And now, after the long drive on not enough sleep, and despite the fact that my laptop didn't get the daylight savings memo, I'm off to an early bed, and expecting to yawn my way through the day tomorrow. But in the end I count it worthwhile.

Physical therapy starts tomorrow, along with packing in earnest now that I can pick things up from the floor. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Moose!