3/20/2008

Ramblings on the move

Well, the rubber stamps remain impervious to efforts to get near them, but the books are all in boxes and ready to be brought over tomorrow night, as are the dance binders, one box of linens from the bathroom and who knows what else. I'm guessing I can fill the car pretty well with thes things and other stuff that was already in boxes - boxes of shoes, if nothing else.

I'm kind of worried about the Texas furniture and the fact that the company supposedly delivering it only has phone numbers and email addresses that don't reach them. And they have the furniture and over half of the delivery fee. And they may not deliver the furniture when they are supposed to. Jenny says to call the police. Mom says not to worry. Any I hope she's right, but I smell a rat.

Tonight I dug up one last box of letters and cards (one last box until I find the next one...). It was even a prety box meant to hold photos or other keepsakes. I went through the box and saved the two spools of thread, a pair of scissors, and my immunization record from 1991, and threw the contents of the box and the box itself out. Trash night tonight. Everything goes right on the curb.

And speaking of trash night, I now know where I can get a recycling bin. I'm disappointed to be moving to a place that doesn't recycle plastics. It was so exciting when they started taking plastics in center city. I'm still going to separate them out from the trash and take them somewhere to be recycled when I have a load. It's such a shame that single stream recycling isn't in all parts of the city yet.

Tomorrow the plan is to leave work expediently, eat dinner, perhaps pack a few last boxes, and then pack the car. I will teach class, and then go up to the house to unload boxes. By the time I head down, mom should be here. That will be the most helpful thing to keep me working - company.

Keep sending good packing thoughts.

No comments: