6/24/2008

Someday...

I'm going to have walls of built-in bookshelves. Everywhere.



Tonight's object of obsession is my upstairs parlour. Obviously there must be built-ins on either side of the fireplace, but I'm also designing a custom unit in my head for the opposite wall. It's going to have three parts. The main center section will be deeper and have an open space for the TV and cabinets underneath for the stereo and music storage. The side wings will be open shelving with cabinets underneath. The left side cabinet will in fact be a radiator cover, like this:



There won't be two different grill work designs, though. The right side cabinet will feature the same grill work, but have doors that open and more shelves within.

The built-ins will provide all of the storage I need, and give the room a more unified, if not more formal look.

Before the work begins, I'll make sure that the phone jack get's moved to a more accessible location, and that the outlet is still reachable by power strip, if nothing else (and that the outlet is grounded to cover all bases.

Well, I'm glad this plan is taken care of... It falls somewhere after additional bathroom, sofa reupholstery, and roof/porch revamps. Maybe by the time I'm 40. Or 45...

No comments: