6/27/2008

C is for Crafts...

Tonight I invited a few folks over for crafts. Never mind it was really too hot to contemplate crafts, but I knew without the incentive to get the craft room ready for more than just myself, I would never do anything. Too true.

So I scurried after work and moved things around and put some things away, and realized that I have a heck of a lot of craft stuff. How did it all fit down on 8th Street.

It's also amazing how we can finish with a hobby, and still retain all of the stuff. Am I ready to admit to myself that my cross stitch and beaded flower days are over? Can I be diligent and just finish up the few cross stitch projects that I left in progress forever ago and then give away all of the stuff? Can I make the beaded flower hair clips I have in mind and then move on? Will I ever really quill paper, make the one basket I bought a kit for, and finally construct that bag out of buttons? Can I talk myself out of my new idea of soap-making?

The problem is that I want to do all of these things, but I don't have the time. And will likely never attain sufficient time for all of this. I haven't even mentioned the bags of yarn for crocheting and the bins of leftover quilting fabric. I hardly sew!

It's crazy and I love all of it and I want to organize it and make stuff and...

And come over and craft with me some time. Help me use my stuff. The rubber stamps aren't going anywhere!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

silly moose.... C is for Cookie!

Jane said...

Sounds a bit like my house, all those things that I wanted to try-I am working through it, slowly