6/15/2008

100 Posts and counting...

Not quite six months of this blog, and I've hit 100 posts...

Statistics tell all:

-I write more on Mondays than any other day of the week.
-Only 7 out of over 100 posts were written on Saturdays
-Despite my intentions to write about specific things on specific days, by far the most written about topic is my house, not one of the original 7 subject areas (but who knew on January 12th that I was buying a house)
-I'm guessing that 10-15 people read this thing. I suppose there are ways of figuring it out. Maybe best not to know.
-My original thought was to write every day, knowing that I probably wouldn't. I like to write, but somedays, there's not much to say that would even interest me, much less you. And some days I come home with sleep as my only coherant intention. Apparently I write 25/42 of the time.

Statistics don't tell all. Since starting to write this thing, though I've started reading more blogs, I'm still unsure of this whole blogging thing. It's a good way to broadcast stuff, but in the grand scheme of things, the stuff I write about is of no moment. It's not educational, it is not full of wise or even interesting observations. It's not even humorous. It's self-centered blather.

But maybe that doesn't matter as long as the original intent is clear. That this is for myself - a live journal, if you will. A place to collect thoughts and images to record it for my future reference. And while the egotist in me loves that a few folks are reading this and would love a vast audience, this blog is not designed to be overly attractive. There's no hook, no design. It's not even a place for news and announcements - those would still come via email from me, or by phone. Rather it's the bits and pieces, the uppermost thoughts only sort of maybe worth reading.

No comments: