5/30/2008

D-E-D, Ded

Yes, that would be my car...

So there, I was, a trifle early for my date to pick up those bookcases, when I noticed that the engine temperature was higher than I'd ever seen it. Now, a few days ago, the low coolant light started flashing. But it never flashed for long, and my handy, dandy car instruction manual said to add coolant. Which I did. Yesterday. And all seemed to be well...

But as I noticed the engine temp tonight, I noticed smoke starting to come out of my hood from right about where the coolant tank is. So I pulled into the handy gas station that was right there, into a parking space, put some distance between me and the car and noticed the liquid that had emerged from the car, from about the same place. Then I called AAA.

But the bookcases... I wasn't that far from the rendezvous point, so I decided to walk up and see if I could carry one or both to my car. And they are folding bookcases, so I thought it slightly possible. And it was crazy, but I did it, making frequent stops. But I figured, hey, I only have time to kill waiting for the tow.

I got back to the car, got the bookcases in, got a soda, and then got a call from AAA saying it would still be another 30-40 minutes. Then maybe 10 minutes later, the truck showed up.

From then on, it was just get to the mechanic, walk up to Market East and wait forever for the train home. Thank you Septa Trail Pass...

So now it's mortgage, teeth Pt. 1, teeth Pt. 2 coming Tuesday and an unknown but likely enormous car bill.

Good time to get a housemate. I don't think I'm charging her enough...

Keep your fingers crossed...

No comments: