5/13/2008

If the shoe fits...

Mom laughed at me tonight when I told her I'd bought a new pair of shoes. And she wasn't wrong to have done that either.

When I was packing up to move I was flabbergasted by the number of pairs of shoes I had. Where did they all come from? I couldn't have purchased them all, could I? Surely they grew there. Or were gifts.

And then why, amongst the thousands of pairs scattered among my closets, were there none to suit my needs? Or was I just in great need of some retail therapy? (Did someone get her stimulus check? I think it's working.)

Whatever the reason, I am now the proud owner of these shoes:

They look alarmingly like the shoes I am replacing - the ones with all of the air conditioning in the sides. But the main point is that they are comfortable, wide enough for my feet, and black. I will wear them almost every day. Starting tomorrow.

Along with the shoes, the helpful salesperson gave me an envelope and a brochure. Ecco will essentially rebuild my nearly dead shoes for about half the price of new shoes. It's so worth it. I'm going to mail them off right away.

But the real question is, do I need these shoes in color #66?




No comments: