5/09/2008

Back on track...

I don't know if it was planting that lilac, or whether it's the psychological shift that the end of the school year brings, but somehow, I feel as if life is returning. (Maybe it was just catching up on sleep for a few nights?) From whenever in January, it was all-house-all-the-time. Then it was Passover and Neffa and Rochester all in quick succession. But now, with a whole almost-free weekend upon me I want to catch up and move forward with house things and other activities that get pushed aside during the craziness of the semester.

Highlights of the past week:

-Had a lovely time calling the Jane Austen Ball
-Got a gig for December 2009!
-Bought, set up, and used a mechanical sheep, AKA a manual push mower
-Planted my lovely lilac and lillies of the valley - two favorite flowers, both gifts from Jenny
-Washed a pile of dresses I previously only handwashed one-at-a-time using the "handwash" cycle on my washer
-Finished up the semester at Swarthmore with a final party, followrd by tea with Jenny
-Attended a concert with Rachel at the Folk Factory which is mere minutes from my house. Got on their mailing list and hope to go to more things there in the future.

Weekend plans (oh, that I could accomplish all... I'll settle for some)

-Finally dispose of my dead laptop (tomorrow will be attemt number 3 to drop it off...)
-Go to a studio sale where someone is selling off rubber stamps and other stuff
-Pick up a wall-mounted folding drying rack in Center City (yay FreeCycle!)
-Clean the bathrooms
-Hang shelves
-Put more books away
-Scrub the stove
-Go to dinner at Jenny's and thence to the AGM
-Clean out the backyard (thanks, Paul!)
-Dust and vacuum
-Grocery shopping
-Check out plants at Liz's
-Call Mom

New summer schemes (just the first batch of many):

-Try Jenny's daily bathroom cleaning ideas
-Cook at least one meal a week from my stash of recipes to see if I really do like them
-Try the Satuday morning walk at Morris Arboretum
-Spend time on my front porch and in my backyard
-Learn how to strip wood
-Move this blog back toward my original scheme of topics (though I'm sure the house will continue to dominate, if subtly)

Tomorrow's post - potluck/tea items

No comments: