5/22/2008

Craft room set-up...

One of the things I was longing to have in a house was a craft room with a door that shuts. I want to be able to work on projects, make a complete mess, and just shut the door and still feel that I have a halfway presentable house. Well, I have that now, but the craft room itself is not open for business. And the craft bug is hitting big time, so I have to get going on this.

As it stands now, I have two big pieces of furniture in the craft room - my desk (2 filing cabinets and a desk top from the jr. high years), and the kitchen table from Arlene. Neither are perfect to keep the rubber stam boxes on. So what is perfect? This item from Ikea which now sits in a box in my hallway:















Once I get the thing assembled, I think the whole room set-up will flow from there. The stamp boxes will sit on top of the new table. I have a large number of the old Ikea Moppe boxes, the ones that came assembled, in various sizes and drawer configurations, and a couple of the new hellish-to-assemble Fira boxes.












One drawer will hold inkpads. Another will hold maybe pencils and markers and fountain pens. I have no idea what will go in the third drawer, but doubtless something will go in there. Underneath on the shelves will be yarn, cross-stitch and beaded flower stuff, and maybe some of my fabric stash and patterns. After all of this stuff is in place, I will be able to work in there, which will be wonderful as I'm itching to make some cards and postcards to have on hand.

Someday I may decide to decorate the boxes, either with snazzy labels, or other decoration as shown here.
















Maybe I should plan a craft party as motivation to get the space ready to go.

No comments: