4/14/2008

Turning the corner...

Tonight it feels possible that I may someday finish unpacking.

What helped get me there is the amount of stuff I've unpacked, washed and put away, but also that tonight the boxes got broken down and taken off, ready for recycling day on Saturday, and the paper deposited in the paper bins at the church around the corner.

George and Paul came over tonight and helped me with a bunch of stuff. As of tonight:

-The loveseat is now on the 3rd floor. I'm toying with the idea of putting the TV up there too and creating a movie-watching nest. The stereo will stay in Bear's room,
-The dining room table has legs which are attached and leaves which fit. And with that, I now have a staging area for more stuff.
-Many of the texas boxes are unpacked and the items unwrapped (and on the dining room table). The fireplace tools and screen are out and by the fireplace.
-Grandma's linens are now in the breakfront bottom drawer. Mine will go in the other chest.
-The teapots are starting to populate the open shelves of that smaller breakfront. The rest will go there as well. My tea set and the sugar and creamer sets will go in the shallow dining room cabinet, once there are shelves.
-All or most of my kitchen stuff is found and washed and put away. The notable exception are the trays and pans and cookie sheets, but I know where that box is and where the stuff is going.

Now that it's not Monday, I've hit the unproductive part of the week. I'm going to try and leave Swarthmore expediently tomorrow, and maybe not stay for the dance on Wednesday so I can get stuff done. Now that there's a light at the end of the tunnel, I have momentum and want to keep working.

No comments: