4/16/2008

Boxed out...

Holiday is fast approaching, and I don't think I can ever be ready. Well, holiday will be ready in that we can manage to make all of the food, etc., but I fear my house will not be ready, at least not to my standards.

I have this utter fantasy that by this time all of the books should be on the shelves, every dish washed and placed in the appropriate spot, everything stowed, everything neat and tidy. This is not the state this house is in. Rather it's littered with boxes, though not nearly as many as before, and pieces waiting to be done that individually don't take up much time, but still there's been no time.

And the lists still seem endless - errands, chores, projects, unpacking, and of course, the non-house-related items like getting ready for Neffa, writing two dance programs, paying bills, going to the library, sleeping...

But for tonight I will abandon fantasy and cope with the reality that is downstairs waiting for me. And I'll wash another load and empty another box before bed.

No comments: