4/09/2008

Back into the dance of things...

As Neffa is only two weeks away, it was more than time for Scott and I to plan our ECD session (Satuday, 8pm, Middle School Dance Hall. Be there.). We talked in brief Sunday night, and Monday I started going through materials and making lists. It was wonderful. Before that evening I felt that I'd hit a dance plateau - there were no new dances, and old ones were either uninteresting, or over done [by me]. Not so!

As I was going through books and notes, all of the sudden there was this whole list of dances that were jotted down in my notes, or the tune was in a binder, or it was there somewhere in the back of my brain, lying in wait, saying, "pick me, pick me." Dances for Amherst and Camp, and for the GCD new dance try-out session coming up in June.

I knew I was in this all-house-all-the-time mode, but it was good to be drawn back into this other world that I love, to be excited about the next program so I can pull out one or two of these potential gems.

It's not that the house is no longer primary. Indeed, I can't wait to pull it into shape so I can really enjoy it. But the house was part of the dance joy in some ways. There I was in my parlour, sitting in my grandmother's chair at the drum table in the window, perusing my notebooks, jotting down ideas. And it felt great. Right choice, Joanna.

No comments: