4/02/2008

Odds and Ends

I have to admit, it's still a bit odd to be leaving class or the Wednesday dance, and not drive downtown. That's where the car automatically goes, after all. But I must admit it was a real treat tonight to drive home, not find a parking space right in front of the house, and so simply park half a block away. End of story. Now I'm home - no fuss, no muss, no driving around for a half hour. A girl could get spoiled...

Jennifer gave me a KitchenAid mixer tonight!!! It's an older model, and in need of some repair, but I think it will be fun to play with!! I can't wait. I found a place in Collingdale that will give me an estimate for the repairs. Now the trick is finding time to get down there. Probably not this weekend, but next, I hope.

Tomorrow I go even deeper into debt - the electrician/plumber comes to visit! The list for him:
  • Repair leak in basement heating pipes
  • Add bleeders to 2nd floor rear and 3rd floor front baseboard radiators
  • Make the 2nd floor bathroom radiator work
  • Properly ground the kitchen and laundry room outlets
  • Put the refrigerator and possibly the washer/dryer/stove outlets on separate circuits

And I'm out of money. I wanted to ground a handful of other outlets through the house, and put in a doorbell, but those will have to wait.

I've also given myself the night of of dishwashing as I didn't get home from the dance until after 11. Instead I'm hosting a tea/drinks/dishwashing party on Friday evening to have some company and still get stuff done. You're all invited.

And who knows, maybe the Texas furniture will arrive sometime this weekend...

So to bed.

No comments: