4/07/2008

Creeping along...

Just a quick post as my head is mostly in dance mode, the hour is creeping up on me, and there are still dishes to wash before bed.

-Tonight I managed to put away all of my clothes and stow the linens in my other dresser (the jewelry, etc. that used to be in there will now live in the dressing table; the table linens will live in one of the breakfronts.
-I distributed my hanging clothes among the closets. All except the ballgowns are sideways in the narrow spaces in all of the 2nd floor closets. The ball gowns get the exalted 3rd floor hall closet - the only one deep enough for modern hangers. The clothes are roughly divided by closet into categories - ball gowns, work clothes, dance clothes, jackets, costumes, and other. I shouldn't wonder if a lot of the other category of clothing actually needs to be out-boxed, or simply taken away.
-I decided to swap the kitchen table for the as yet unconstructed Ikea drop-leaf table. There's plenty of room in the craft room for the big, solid kitchen table. That will be my work surface while all of the stamp boxes live on the desk. The dropleaf table will be perfect in the kitchen. It will provide a very necessary work surface, but by simply folding down the leaves, it will provige easy access to the shelves along the wall. I think Friday will be the day of that swap/table construction.
-I am still in a dither about how to arrange the furnitue in the upstairs parlour. I think the drum table will get moved next to the bookcases in the corner and near the outlets and phone jack to serve as desk. I'm going to try moving the futon into the bay, and who knows what with the loveseat. I need consultations about this, and about where to set up the stereo.
-I've made the decision to get rid of a bunch of mugs. I am a single person living alone. I don't need more than two dozen assorted mugs. I'm not sure that anyone does. I think my travels this Saturday to get recycling bins and run the inevitable errand will include a trip to the Salvation Army to drop off some stuff...
-More dishes washed. Another box of dishes opened and ready for washing. The washing task makes me want to invest in one of those portable dishwashers. Home Depot has one for $469...

So, creeping along, but doing things. Now a little more dance stuff, a few more dishes, and then bed.

3 comments:

EmilyP said...

Wow, yeah, just deciding where to put things can be so much easier with a second person around just to say "sure, that sounds great". I hope your weekend festivities provide that, table-setting-up, and more!

Anonymous said...

Are you absolutely sure you don't need dozens of mugs? Are you REALLY sure? Because if you want I have another 2-3 dozen--some of which actually belong to you--to add to your collection...
--SA

Anonymous said...

I know you cannot afford to lose any counter space, but I just found a "table top" dishwasher for $180 - check out http://base.google.com/base/a/1578410/D890747538248411104 - or the same company makes a small rolling model for $299 - http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1965771