1/14/2008

The Week Behind and Ahead

I'm enjoying my last few free evenings before Swarthmore class begins again and eats up all available time. Last week's highlights included GCD's Twelfth Night where I dropped some longswords, but caught a whole bunch of them, and led an Abbots Bromley for the first time. That was a true highlight.

Sunday brought a gorgeous modern vespers service presented by Piffaro and featuring the Crossing, the premiere Philadelphia choral group. Piffar does not, as a rule, present modern works, and I'm not usually a huge modern music fan, but that piece made my ears and and the hall ring. I still can feel that sensation. Attending Piffaro concerts is such an other activity for me. It's not an active or social pursuit, but a brief time away when you can let the beauty of the music and the ecclesiastic architecture wash over you. I always bring books to Piffaro concerts, just in case I'm there on my own and have to keep occupied during intermission. I think there was exactly one time I didn't find friends to sit with.

I finally started and finished making my Hogmanay thank-you cards (thank you Eleanor!), washed a lot of dishes (I think they just grow in the sink), and attended the new 2nd Sunday Swedish dance series for the first time (which was challenging, but very welcoming, and which I hope to go back to when the schedule permits).

I planned and started this blog!

And there was that house thing, but I'm not in love with any one house in particular, nor am I solely focused on house-related thoughts. Nope, I'm not. Right.

The current to-do list in my notebook:
  • Help Melissa pack
  • Write my Valentine's Day GCD program
  • Write Rochester Jane Austen Ball program
  • Organize a Valentine-making party
  • Purge the endless amounts of paper in my file drawers (no Joanna, you do not need to keep pay stubs from 1997)
  • Finish two chrochet projects
  • Find band hospitality for the ES Ball
  • Plan GCD demo rehearsal
  • Write Mendocino class descriptions
  • Take clothing to dry cleaners
  • Wash more dishes
  • Get a mortgage
Right. That's plenty!

No comments: