1/18/2008

Great idea!

By a certain hour on Friday afternoon, all I want is a lovely cup oftea, a nice fuzzy blanket, a good book and a certain brown Bear to curl up with. Instead, I indulge in a round of what-ifs, or even may-bes…

As I was sorting through one of my file drawers and deciding that I just didn't need to hang onto my pay stubs from 2000 and instruction manuals for answering machine I haven't owned for about 8 years, George called me. He is really invested in me getting this house around the corner from his, and as much as I want it, I try to keep him down, so as to not get my hopes up higher than they actually are, and to inject a nice healthy dose of reality into the conversation.

George said that he mentioned to his friend Judy, who I know and like very much, that I was house hunting, and had found one with oodles of room. Judy, though she teaches in NY state, maintains an apartment on the Main Line, just to have a place of her own not too far from family and friends, and away from the insanity that can be her job setting. She is the person I'm looking for!!!

If I can convince Judy, or someone in her situation who doesn't in fact come down all that often, to rent all or a portion of my prospective 3rd floor, I would be able to more than pay my monthly mortgage, continue saving for improvements and emergencies (the car is fine, really), eat something other than Ramen noodles, and have very fine company from time to time. It's perfect!!! If only I can get her to see that.

But this is still getting too far ahead of myself, although lovely to think about. My real plans for the weekend and near future are a lot calmer:
  • Sort and excise my 2nd file drawer
  • Shred!
  • Help Melissa move
  • Look at 4 more houses
  • Further plan and lead demo rehearsal
  • Laundry
And oooh - Deb and Eileen took some digital pictures of some of my cards. More to come, even. Look for them in Tuesday's post.

No comments: