1/21/2008

It's happening...

Tomorrow I'm going to meet with my realtor to assemble an offer for the house...

It was relisted today at the same price as before - just under $200,000. The goal is to get it for less, but Paul, the realtor, doesn't think we can go much lower. So we begin.

I'm nervous. This is insane. This is something that happens to other people, not me. But now that the seed has been planted, I want this quite desperately. My home, my space, an investment in my future.

Not to worry. I'm still a realist about the whole thing. This house is by no means a done deal. We have to make the offer, have seller want to deal with us and not sell to someone else, have the back-and-forth about the price, get the inspection, get the mortgage and on and on. And after all that there is still a decent chance that it won't happen at all. It could just be too much money. The inspection could reveal all sorts of terrible things.

And yes, if it's not this house, there will be others, but, but... But off I go to take the leap.

No comments: