7/26/2008

Yes and No...

New over the door pantry from the Container Store. Yes!



Brown slipcovers as seen on my loveseat. No.



I just can't do it. I can't come home to brown. I love the browns of furniture, but after growning up with a succession of browns and golds and mustards on the upholstery and the floor, I vowed not again.

Back they go. Next shot - cream color or some share of grey, and some kind of cotton duck or canvas, remembering to buy a shape that covers the skirt of the sofa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for saying no to brown, but cream will get dirty just by looking at it - perhaps you could consider the SureFit Stretch Pique in Garnet?

EmilyP said...

I agree - not that brown. For similar historical reasons, I'm also against having a brown couch (or one with flowers). Before the move, however, we actually had a very successful turn with one, but it was a dark reddish brown. I agree the slipcover was worth a shot, but it comes out too dusty-looking. Cream might actually be okay - you don't have a cat to shed on it, and you can take it off and wash it, but it looks like that material doens't even have texture to hide dirt in, so you could be doing a lot of washing. Hard to say.