7/27/2008

Madame will be at home...

It's been so delightful having a weekend at home and even more exciting to realize that other than a quick hop to Boston mid-week and a weekend in New York coming up, I'll be at home for several weeks in a row!

Yesterday was taken up by car stuff, my Container Store oddysey, moving rocks and pulling weeds in the front grassy patch (the backyard is a certifiable jungle - so embarassing - next week's project...), moving food around in the kitchen, and finally, dancing. Today was great - the freedom to sleep in, run lots of errands (learning how to drive the new car), enjoy the pool party, and watch little Ms Esmerelda.

Among other errands this weekend was a stop back at Bed Bath and Beyond. The brown slipcovers are now no more. The next experiment: twill slipcovers from Target. Color: milkshake.


Yes, I know it's a ridiculous color to contemplate, and that that they will stain. I passed a place that makes custom slipcovers, but if I went that route, I might as well get the current ones reupholstered, or simply buy new. But I have to keep trying to find something I like, and brown wasn't it. I'll keep you posted.

Another fun stop today was the new-ish tea place in Chestnut Hill: The Hill Tea Bar. It seems small, but charming with indoor and outdoor seating and antiques from the shop next door on display. There are tea tastings and wine tastings and story hours for the kiddos. Their hours are somewhat in flux as they get a feel for the neighborhood, so I put in my request for a late Friday or Saturday night. Who wants to go for tea?

5 comments:

KJ said...

We have white covers on our couches. If we didn't eat so often in our living room it would probably be fine; as it is, we do spend much quality time with the spot remover. So it's not the most practical thing ever, but they do look nice in the space, and if you don't usually eat on the sofa it shouldn't be too bad.

Joy said...

Ooo, ooo, if you're going to be around for a few weekends, I want to go with you to the tea bar! Not this weekend, but maybe the next?

Joanna said...

Unfortunately, I do eat on my sofas - they're comfy. I'm about ready to abandon my neutrals scheme and go for the jewel tones I love. Stay tuned...

Anonymous said...

Whew. I love some browns, but not that one. Good call. Now I'm picturing teal, but it doesn't really go with that Sergeant poster. I await your next foray...

Joanna said...

Today's bright idea is a forest-y green - medium to dark. Now to find it! I'll still try the cream-colored slipcovers though - just for laughs...