7/09/2008

Once more into the breach, dear friends...

So this coming home from camp and then turning around and going right back thing is crazy in general, but it's a whole other ball game when camp number 2 is a total unknown. At this point, I know exactly how to pack for Pinewoods - which bags I use, how to pack the car, how many towels, etc. I know none of this for Mendocino. That and I'm flying and checking luggage and I can't even pretend that my dresses will stay wrinkle free. I have a feeling this is going to bother me more than it ought to.

I'm slowly getting my act together - printing out many pages of dance stuff, writing programs, thinking about classes, making notes. The two classes I'm teaching are both in the morning, with only a 15-minute gap to regroup. In some ways this is good because I have the afternoon free to take class. In other ways, this is challenging because I don't have a lot of time to think between classes. I'm glad I'm moving from the breathlessness of Scottish to the comparitive ease of English. This is the right order for me.

Tomorrow night is ironing and packing. Friday is more of the same. Think good thoughts.

Partial packing list:

-Dresses - many
-Sweaters - it gets cold at night - maybe gloves also
-Dance shoes - all
-11 lb. bar of dark chocolate - for tasting party
-Happy tappy lights - not just for under cabinets any more
-Bear - for comfort
-Small moose - for luck

1 comment:

Joy said...

Good luck, and have fun! Didn't know you had gone to PW only for the weekend, or I would've called you this week. *kiss kiss*