7/29/2008

Does it feel like summer's almost over to you?

It does to me.

I gave in and bought my 2009 calendar pages this week, earlier than usual. Usually I can hold out until August, but as soon as I got home from Mendocino, it seemed imperative that I start getting next year's stuff written down. And suddenly it's the end of July and my thoughts ar turning to Fall what with Playford Ball planning and booking ES Ball musicians, thinking about Scottish, and realizing that I have to write my GCD program for September 3rd next week! And then there's E&A Week...

Then I stop the speeding train and remind myself that I'll mostly be at home for 3 whole weeks. That feels great! I'm getting estimates for roof repair, and depending on how that goes, I'll keep plugging away at the slipcover/living room decor oddysey. Mostly what I want to do in this stretch of time is de-clutter and keep unpacking the parts of the house that are still in chaos: parts of the kitchen and laundry room, the craft room, the dressing room. Those don't require financial outlay, just time, which will disappear after 9/1. Oh, and then there are sewing projects, the aforementioned programs to write, camp planning to work on...

But I want the fantasy back that I have all of summer before me...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAAAACK! Me too, me too! I have soooo much still to do!
But it isn't August quite YET...

Anonymous said...

I second the AAAAAAACK! I think May was a really really long time ago, but I've done like nothing since then, with *so* much left on my list. Is it crazy to sort through a box of old dishes at 1 a.m.?? Yes, yes it is. *sigh*