7/23/2008

The first foray...

Today I bought slipcovers for my sofas downstairs. I did some research and decided to go for stretchy ones with a separate seat cushion cover from Surefit, which seems to be the brand of choice. Bed, Bath and Beyond carries them, and I had a coupon and the need to see the colors myself before choosing, so off I went before the dance.

And the choices! Not perfect. Not the one I'd chosen from the website. But at least a decent variety I could ponder over. And agonize over.

I came very close to chosing bugundy, the color that always calls to me. But neutrals are right for the room, so it was choices between taupe and oatmeal and camel and chocolate. I ended up with a medium brown, with no yellow in it. It's not the ideal color, but it has some tone variation and a decent texture, and with the right accents, could be quite nice.

I will actually put the things on over the weekend and post a photograph (which I can now do!!!) soliciting your opinions. But I'm thinking brown sofas, with maybe a cream/off-white color on the walls and touches of pale green on the pillows and rug, with maybe a splash of red to complement Sargeant's El Jaleo on my wall...
Come visit and offer opinions. And if I don't like the slipcovers, I can always return them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The fiiirst foray...
into my living room
was a medium brooown
right off of the loom...

Or maybe the first Fauré was Gabriel...

---<@