7/22/2008

One less blog to follow...

I will admit that I've gotten into reading some blogs - house blogs, design blogs, blogs about pandas, tableware, stationary - and the list grows... This is a direct outcropping of my hours sitting in Borders, reading magazines and books, taking notes, and rarely buying anything. Now I can just print a page that strikes my fancy.

Over the weekend, one of my (formerly) favorite blogs, Bluelines, came to an end.


First there was Blueprint, brought to us by the folks at Martha Stewart, a magazine meant to fall somewhere inbetween MSL, Real Simple and Domino, aimed at ayounger demographic. This was a magazine I almost subscribed to, and looked forward to quite eagerly. Along side the print edition was the website, and then the blog, Bluelines. Then the print version went bust, but they said that the electronic blog presences would continue. And it did, albeit in a meager, less well-written kind of way, as if the heart had gone out of the project. Updates were not even daily, and as the end drew near, I think the writers stopped trying.

I think I'll still miss the magazine more, and the hours spent poring over glossy pages, coffee in hand, pen at the ready to jot down ideas, but if the folks in power at MSL are listening, there's a small gaping hole in the empire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One less blog to follow
One less site to hype
One less post in which to wallow
I should be happy
But all I do is type

Joanna said...

I'm glad somebody got the reference...

I should have known it would be you.