8/03/2008

The weekend in pictures...

I love my new camera! And I'm learning how to use it a bit. I get to take pictures of inconsequential things and share them with you all!!! The shots below show bits of my weekend...

Here's the milkshake slipcover on my loveseat. Wrinkles aside, an improvement over the brown, but...


Notice how the pattern of the sofa shows through:


I returned them, and had a frustrating round of department stores which all sell slipcovers, but almost all online. I refuse to spend bunces of money on something if I can't actually see and touch the fabric. So it was back to Bed, Bath & Beyond for a second shot there. I've about given up on preconceived (by others) decorating schemes; I just bought a color I liked. Burgundy. Surprise, surprise. I haven't tried them yet, but you know you'll see the results.

Today's big project was the taming the backyard jungle. I didn't get a "before" shot, but it would be too embarassing to post. The weeds were up to 4' in places with some stems quite thick around. But with the help of George and Paul, their garden tools, and six strong trash bags, we achieved:


It's fairly barren at the moment, but some green will bounce back. I have enough at-home time to keep up with the mowing now, so that by party time, I should be all set.

One casualty from the front yard mowing and weed pulling. Unfortunate, though there are other blooms on the plant, but I was able to achieve the desired flowers in the house.


Hurrah for weekends at home!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah for photos! I have a good feeling about those burgundy slipcovers - keep us posted!