8/16/2008

One final option...

Somewhat on a whim yesterday, I got one last set of slipcovers for the sofas. I like the red ones, and they go with the existing cushion fabrics, but they're too big. And I figured, before I alter them, and am therefore stuck with them, lets try one last option. The picture belows shows the first set of covers I picked up and liked, but rejected in favor of the failed brown. Burgundy, pseudo-velvet textured stuff. Go figure.



And for reference, here's the red again:



Opinions, please...

In other house news, many improvements have occurred in the last week with the addition of some shelves, towel bars, a rod for hanging pot lids, etc. I'm so excited about all of these. They will help make the house a lot neater. Pictures to come.

It feels really good to get these few bigger springboard projects done before the semester kicks in so I can then do the residual smaller tasks as I have time through the fall.

Not that I'm any closer to choosing paint colors though...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Red.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think the burgundy is lovely, and you really can't see (at least in the photo) that it's too big.
--SA