2/05/2009

Food in the forecast...

Making a list just now, I realized that this is going to be a weekend of dancing, of course, but also of baking, with a little cooking thrown in for good measure. I found myself just now finding that recipe for cinnamon scones I want to try that will be perfect for the Jane Austen tea dance, and reviewing previous cocktail party menus for something to repeat, and of course, contemplating the ubiquitous red velvet cuppycakes, so appropriate for the impending valentine-making party.

Why remark on this at all? It's so unusual that I do any kind of baking/cooking extravaganza that's not for a holiday dinner or a party I'm throwing. Time is always too short to bake something for a tea item. It's always easier to run to the store. And while I keep a pretty full pantry, I always end up shopping before I bake to make sure I have everything I need for all of the recipes.

But time is built-in this weekend. The water department is coming any time between 7am and noon this weekend to change my meter. What better way to fill the time than creating warm and wonderful yummy goodness. Perhaps directly after the first cup of coffee...

No comments: