2/19/2009

Creating a picture wall...

In my never-ending task to actually decorate my house, I am embracing my love of small prints even though I have vast expanses of wall. I've been inspired by yet another ApartmentTherapy post (though there are so many on this topic there and elsewhere).

Here's the status update:


I started with only the calendar on the wall. I then added the Anna Hess shell painting and the Love postcard below. Just this week I added the moonlit trees and the Sargeant postcard.

What's next?


I have this rough layout on the floor of how I want things to look. This will change on the fly as I hang things, which at the moment is at the rate of 1-2 items per week. Let's not rush this.

I love the idea of this being an on-going collage of images. As I mostly frame things in the same size Ikea clippy frames, I always have the option of moving images around and swapping things on and off the wall as the whim strikes me (though I fear Ikea is discontinuing this essential 5 x 7 clippy frame size - but not to worry, I still have about a dozen hoarded).

Stay tuned for wall updates...


1 comment:

EmilyP said...

I saw this today and thought of you:
http://blinds-wallpaper.net/wallpaper/images/uploads/framepic.jpg