12/17/2008

"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning"

Biblical, I think, but I know the quote from L.M. Montgomery's Anne of Avonlea. I think of that line often but it's seemed especially applicable for the past few days.

Yesterday was a horrid day, fueled by bad news and too little sleep and fear of my reveiw at work. But 'round about the evening the wind changed and what followed, through today, was a series of near misses:

-A phone conversation that could have gone badly didn't
-I slipped getting out of the shower this morning and somehow caught myself, not injuring my head or any other vital part
-My local commuter train, reported to be running 20 minutes late didn't, enabling me to be on time, nay, early for my 9am conference call
-For better or worse, my job is intact for another year
-My GCD evening was the predictably small week-after-ice-cream-night let down, but not as small as I feared it would be

Now all I need is a string of sunny days, but that may be just too much to ask for...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May you have better days in the future