12/09/2008

Playford Aftermath, Part 2

Tonight was our last Swarthmore class of the semester. I'm so proud of my gang this year - lots of good dancing and the promise of more in the future. A whole bunch came to the Playford ball, including a few who started dancing this semester. Here we all are (Photo: Leonard Lu):




This is a photo of current students, alums, and assorted hangers-on, of which I am one. Guilt by association I suppose...

Rachel Winslow sent me the picture below last night.



This one shows my dress from the back in full length. While the whole dress is great, and oh so purple, it's really the back that makes it. You can clearly see the silver ribbon trim, but not any of the 78 little ribbon roses around the neckline and hem. (Yes, 78. Ronnie, my dressmaker extrordinaire counted).

What's next, now that the ball is over:

-Holiday card-making
-Holiday shopping
-The inevitable dance program writing
-Chanukah party prep!!!

I love the prospect of having some time to do all of the above, and maybe even solve my (lack of) heating problem, and do some house stuff.

Let me know if you want to come play!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Purple? The pictures make your dress look burgundy... No matter, it is very lovely - and I had wondered about the trim, now I know! 78 ribbon roses - wow! That seems a significant number somehow... 7 x 11 + 1 for good luck?

Good luck with your cards and various projects this weekend!