12/08/2008

Playford Aftermath, Part 1

Every Fall, it takes forever to get to Thanksgiving, and after that time flies with the Philadelphia Playford Ball always the following weekend. And what with ball stuff, the house to clean and house guests to prepare for, oh, and regular work and classes, I don't know where last week went. But the ball has been and gone, and I'm about over the inevitable down that follows the great excitement of the weekend.

The pictures are filtering in, but here's what I looked like with my temporary hairdo and new Jane Austen dress:



Today and tonight were the attempting to get back to normal moments - work, errands, with the added bonus of knowing that the school year ends tomorrow night for me, and all other December things, with the exception of my latke party, are fairly low-stress events (okay, maybe I'm just in denial about making holiday cards).

Tonight the most exciting thing I did was buy space heaters in an attempt to make my room and Laurie's room less frigid in light of our radiators not radiating. These are fancy heaters with timers and thermostats and everything so we can be warm at key times, but not burn the house down. I have mine on now and between it and my laptop on my lap, warmth is not far away. Calling the heating company tomorrow.

And I'm determined to keep reasonable hours this week. Off to bed for me...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dress is wonderful! I also like the hair! :)

Joanna said...

Thanks! I have a picture of the dress from the back that I'll post - the back is what totally makes it!

And I indulge and visit my hairdresser the morning of the ball as often as I can. It's one less thing for me to worry about. This do was so chemically induced it was amazing! And it looks strangely like my mom's hair did 'round the time of her wedding...