10/12/2008

Finally Fall...

It's really Fall now:

-I drove north this weekend and saw the foliage. It was great driving weather, and the colors really popped out of the hillsides and roadsides.

-I've found and set out my halloween candleholders and autumn door wreath. I have to buy a pumpkin (I keep meaning to and forgetting). What should I name it? Now that I have a big porch, should I go for a big pumpkin?

-It's Fall Break! A vacation from teaching for the week. In celebration I will finally get to the 10,000 dance programs that I suddenly have to write.

-Okay, it's going to be 80 degrees tomorrow, but they have finally turned off the A/C at work. I can now begin to wear sweaters outside rather than many layers of them in the office.

-Now that it's getting cold, I'm starting to think about putting plastic on the windows. But that will wait for when I turn the heat on. When should that be?

-It's time to get back to crochet projects, now that it's cool enough to keep yarn on your lap.

-Time to put the extra blanket back on the bed...

No comments: