3/02/2009

Snow Day!

Whenever I have periods of free time at home, although I have a vast to-do list, it's amazing how some things always fall to the bottom of the list, like cleaning, taxes, sorting through the mounds of paper that have accumulated to decide what to shred and what to keep, etc. But on this snow day, not only have I managed to shovel, cactch up on dishes and actually relax over a pot of tea, I've also managed to make serious progress in my efforts to hang up pictures on the second floor.

In a previous post I mentioned the picture wall I was creating in my upstairs parlour. Today, the wall is complete, pending additions. Here's a chronicle of the progress:

Where it all started:



A few more added:



And more:



All along the way I was moving and tweaking. The beauty of working with frames all the same size is that as long as the image has the same orientation, it will always fit in the same space. Another thing I began doing was adding small images for filler to make sure that as few of the framed pieces were line up as possible. Here's the final result:



The pictures can't do it justice, so you'll just have to come over and see it yourself.

I hung some additional things in the parlour and below are a few shots of some of the things I hung in the bedroom:





I still have a pile of family pictures to hang. I have my eye on the hallway for those. And the craft room is still a blank slate, but it has more floor space than ever, and those grandiose plans I alluded to earlier.

Maybe I'd better hurry up and do my taxes to see what that refund will really be like...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, pictures and taxes have been on my list lately too. Only I've just barely started taxes, and I've been changing strings instead of hanging pictures. I did not think I was going to learn this kind of mechanical hand-eye coordination from this instrument. (I should've, from looking at it. Hmph.)