1/12/2009

Picture this...

This past weekend I went to visit Susie in Charlottesville. Aside from all of the things we did, it was great to see Susie's apartment again. I came home inspired to resume decorating in the house, and especially, to hang pictures on the walls.

One of the things I've been struggling with is the challenge of decorating in a large space with high ceilings. In my apartment downtown, there were not many options for where to hang things, and it felt, in some ways, as if the arrangements were easy to come up with.

Here in the house, there is nothing but wall to fill, and it seems to cry out for large pieces, rather than the small framed prints and postcard I love. Here's my first attempt at some arrangements on the first floor:


A print by the front door possibly to be joined by a few other small things.


Three framed images to the right of the doorway.

My favorite (so far!) grouping below a dining room window.


A group by the stairway. You'll notice the clear gap where one image is missing. In this one spot, the wall rejected the screw. However, the wall did accept spackle, and I will try again.

Comments? Suggestions?

1 comment:

EmilyP said...

Excellent!!
Progress on something that's been on pause for a while can be so fulfilling. :)