1/17/2009

It's me!

I'm a fond reader of Apartment Therapy. I like the window into other people's lives, the celebration of Ikea, and the sharing of ideas about design and small space living. But in truth, the predominant style of the site - midcenutry modern - is not me. I tend toward rounder edges and traditional and classic lines, moldings and subtle graphics. At last, this week, I found the house tour for me, an Edwardian in Boston:




The mantle of my future in my living room? I love the simple decoration.




I also love the mirror above and the simple brickwork. The grey on the walls appeals, but I'll probably go with a tawny cream on the first floor.




I've been thinking about a table behind my sofa, or at least some kind of shelf to more clearly define the living room space from the entry/passage to the back of the house.




And of course, the droolworthy built-ins. I need a butler's pantry. I just need one. And cabinets with glass doors or no doors. It is my destiny...

No comments: