11/18/2008

I've been following a few rubber stamp/paper craft blogs for a few months now and find it amazing that starting a few weeks ago, the posts on those sites either began to slow down or feature holiday cards almost exclusively. The ones that slowed to a few posts a week, or none, did so so that the bloggers could work on making holiday cards. And what baffles me even more is that the holiday cards they do show seem very elaborate, which leads me to believe they must be making only about 10, or that they have way more evenings free than I do.

So the search for my holiday card design begins!

-The design must be simple with only a few stamps/layers/assembly steps

-The card must be easy to replicate many, many times

-The card must use images and papers and inks I already have (or not, but within reason)

Here are some recent designs:



From 2006 - stamps, ink, colored pencil, and only one layer.



From last year. The background paper is one I designed. It's a collage of handwritten English dance tunes. I love it! One layer, edged in gold ink, stippled ink over top.

Today I came across a possible design idea from the Memory Box blog:


While this color scheme is not mine, I love the idea - one image over stamped in two colors, a sentiment that matches either the edging or the base card. I may use this one, or keep looking.

Stay tuned for more ideas...

No comments: