7/27/2009

It's been a while...

Wow, it really has been a bit since I wrote anything. But I will merely pretend that it's been a day or two or five. Stick with me here.

My main distraction (or my Maine distraction):



Behold the view from the porch of the cabin off Indian Point in Maine. This was my home for a brief jaunt with the boys from the neighborhood. And yes, that is the ocean right outside the back door. It was amazing just to be there.

In many ways, going to Maine was like going to camp: bring your own linens, deal with mosquitoes, cool nights, forever-damp towels. I knew just what to pack, minus the zillion dance dresses. But it was so different being on a non-dance vacation without that structure of classes to go to (or to skip), meals served at specific times, and over a hundred people who want to do just what you want to do, when you want to do it. Is this what other people do all the time when they travel? Have to plan their days, meals, naps?

I would go back in a heartbeat, if my schedule permitted, and if I'm invited back. It will be better next time, as most things are, now that I know what to expect, where to go, and what it's like being with a different and small group for days.

Plan the trip around the local dances. It's the only way...

1 comment:

DebMoose said...

What a GLORIOUS view! Thanks so much for sharing....