9/07/2008

I am the luckiest one...



I can't even begin to say how lucky I feel this morning - tired, thrilled that the party went well, and all of that but mostly lucky and grateful to have such wonderful people in my life.

Last year, when I was writing up notes after my cocktail party to help plan for this year, I wrote, "get help during the day." And help I had. Susie, Emily, Dirk and Eleanor made yesterday possible and even easy. Things just got done, and done so well.

The house was packed. There was enough food. People had a good time. And then...

I was not expecting a quilt. Not in a million years. I am not often surprised, but the quilt blew me away. I can't believe it's here and was given to me but for the fact that it's hanging on my dining room wall. If any of you who sewed a stitch are reading this, a thousand thank yous. I love you all.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Oooo, I really wish we could have been there! Happy happy to you! XOXOXO