4/06/2009

The renewed crafting bug...

Because I am a big fool, I stole some time on Saturday morning to run up to a rubber stamp show in Allentown (only an hour away!). I'm sure I've posted about these shows in the past, and this one was no exception. But still, as there are no good, independent craft stores nearby, I feel compelled to go to any show that's reasonably close and on a day when I'm free.

I thought I was going to escape mostly unscathed from this one. A few little stamps called to me. I gave in and bought a few sets of Inkadinkado clear stamps you use with acrylic blocks.


These bridge the gap between mounted and unmounted stampsd for me. They are cheaper and easier to store than wood-mouned stamps, and cling easily to acrylic blocks (which I just happened to alread own a few of). I can't wait to try these!

All of the booths at the show also feature demonstrations of new ideas and techniques you can try with the products being sold there. While I was waiting on line to pay for the clear stamps, the demonstrator was showing how to emboss paper quickly and easily using embossing dies and brass stencils and a machine called a CuttleBug. It was amazing!!!
I've played around with paper embossing in a number of ways: with brass stencils and Fiskars texture plates, but they all have the same problem - they're too time consuming, and I don't have that much time. But with this machine, it takes seconds to make a beautiful background paper.

Oh, I could go on and gush, but I won't. Needless to say, I went to Michaels today and bought one and have already tested it out. And yes, I love it.
Much depends on the dies you have, and I have next to none at the moment. I have many brass stencils though, and as soon as I get the right layer to use so they don't kill the machine, I'm golden. Here are a few examples of the patterns I'm longing for:





And of course, the first one I bought:

No comments: