9/14/2008

Summer redux...

I had a whole list of things to do this weekend, but my overall goal for today was to spend as much of the day in air conditioned spaces as possible. Over ninety degrees in September. Can we please rethink this...

So I ran many errands, none really vital, and came home with a full list of things to do with the evening, most of which disintegrated with the full force of the heat in the house. Thank goodness for a better weather outlook for the week, including a lack of rain in the forecast - bad for the plants, good for the roof (repairs to happen next week or the week after)!

Early this afternoon, I met Rachel for coffee at Infusion Coffee & Tea, just a few blocks away on Germantown Avenue. The coffee was great, and the seating options included tables, sofa and outdoor patio. The one drawback is they seem to keep early hours almost every night. This is of little use. But not always: they have events many Friday evenings that add a few extra hours. I would love a local, non-bar option with late hours, climate control and free wireless. Infusion or the Hill Tea Bar are the most likely candidates for this. Or couldn't the Trolley Car stay open daily until at least midnight? Come on, work with me here.

Or maybe I just need to invest in some sturdy, comfy furniture for the porch, and break down and buy a hi-speed connection and obviate the need for a cafe open on my schedule... Another entry on the Someday list...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the Borders at Chestnut Hill is open later. But hopefully Infusion's fall hours will be better than their summer hours.

Joanna said...

Border's does stay open later which is great, but for the lack of free internet. Except if you sit in the back corner of the cafe and can sometimes pick up a signal. Not that I know this or anything...

Anonymous said...

you can always drive over to my porch cafe! it's often open very late (for better or worse...)