10/03/2014

A New Chapter...


Just when I come to the moment of admitting this blog should go away, I'm inspired to write something.  This week's inspiration is brought to you by the Free Library of Philadelphia, and more specifically, their used bookstore, which I happened to pass, and which happened to be open as I was walking across town the other evening on my way to the opera.  And you know what happens when you pass a used bookstore...

I came away with four books:

Consider the Fork
http://www.considerthefork.com/

Tabletops by Barbara Milo Ohrbach
http://www.amazon.com/Tabletops-Practical-Beautiful-Decorate-Table/dp/0517703327/ref=la_B001IO9I0U_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1412347455&sr=1-2

 


http://www.adagio.com/pages/book.html
http://www.janetfletcher.com/books.html

...none of which I already owned, which is a miracle!!

But these books got me to thinking about my preoccupation with the subject matter these all dance around, the blogs I read, and the blogs I look for and don't find, now that blogs are unfashionable.  And then there's my not-so-secret desire to give up the career-oriented job I have and open a tea shop and library of all of these books, plus the many, many more on my bookshelves.  And so the kernel of an idea for this blog was born - a weekly review of literature.  Well a sort of literature anyway.

A quick glance at my catalog of books revealed just over 200 books I want to talk about here.  The topics vary, but the vast majority are about tea and tea-related topics.  The next set focuses on aspects of entertaining including tablescapes, table setting, etc.  The smallest group is about home organization and decorating, including a topic near and dear to my heart, flower arranging - a skill I don't really have, but covet.

I'll start with the four shown above, as I read them and attempt to find a place for them to live.  Hopefully you'll read about a new book weekly, starting next Tuesday!

3 comments:

DebMoose said...

Bibliophile! Looking forward to it

DebMoose said...

Bibliophile! Looking forward to it

Anonymous said...

Keep the blog, keep the blog! Social media is going to wither and blow away in the sweltering winds of time.