1/07/2011

Work weekend...

Next weekend I have the great fortune of having friends come up to help me with some of those house projects that I never quite get to on my own. My list of things, is of course, endless, but I need to focus on small things that are do-able in a weekend time frame (i.e., not painting the kitchen cabinets), not too expensive (i.e., not blowing in insulation), in our skill-set (i.e., not fixing the heat), and slightly glamorous/satisfying (i.e., not cleaning the refrigerator).

Here are some of my ideas:

-put window film on the living room windows
-tea-dye, sew and hang living room curtains
-hang pictures in the dining room
-re-line the kitchen drawers with non-skid stuff
-fix the sofa hems so they don't show beneath the slipcovers

Other more-remote possibilities

-inventory the corner cabinet in the dining room
-start stripping paint off of the corner cabiner (a project you can start and stop)

Oh you who have been in my house (all 2-3 readers who have not given up on this blog), what should I add to the lists??

1 comment:

Melissa R. said...

A post, a post! A brand new post!! :-)

Picure-hanging and window-related projects seem like excellent things to me. And paint stripping is great for swapping out multiple people, so no one person's arms fall off. Are there any projects that involve moving furniture, or assembling things? Or using ladders where a spotter would be helpful?

Oh, here's one: simmer something--soup or mulled wine or hot cider, say--to make the house smell good. Always a useful to-do item, especially in dry winter air. :-)