2/08/2010

A scary amount of rubber stamp geekiness...

This past weekend as I was preparing for this year's valentine-making party (that never got off the ground due to the 700 inches of snow that fell this weekend) and puttering around in the craft room, I decided to find space for the new stamps I'd acquired over the last year. As I began fitting stamps into the new sets of drawers seen in the photo below I pondered a stamp organization problem...



Fitting the stamps in drawers and then noting down in my catalog which stamps are in which drawer is great, but occasions like the valentine party present another challenge: what happens when a drawerful of stamps gets dumped out, and the same stamps just won't fit neatly in the drawer again. The puzzle has become undone.

Enter the digital camera! It suddenly hit me that I can now photograph the contents of each drawer, print the photos, and not only have a catalogue of stamp images, but also a record of how precisely they are stored.

Photographing all of the drawers, which each have 2 or three layers of stamps, will take forever, but here are my first shots:




Drawer 5 - Valentine stamps, mostly



Drawer 31, Layer 1 - Moose



Drawer 31 - Layer 2 - more moose

Can you guess what my valentines look like??

No comments: