5/18/2009

The two that got away and the four that didn't...

Somehow this weekend was a banner weekend for finding new tea books!

On Saturday I journeyed up to Doylestown to go to the Tile Festival at the Moravian Tileworks. Since the last time I spent any quality time in Doylestown, the persistant rain prevented any significant amount of strolling through town, after my tour of the festival, I parked the car and wandered for a while. Of course, it being me, I parked right in front of the independent book store in town, the Doylestown Bookshop, where I found three tea books:

Tea by Sarina Jacobson



Tea for You by Tracy Stern



Tea; the Essential Companion



Today after work, I spent some quality time in Border's and found yet another tea book: The True History of Tea by Victor B . Mair and Erling Hoh



Despite the riches listed above, at two shops I found two additional tea books, but did not purchase them because I was convinced I had them already. Time to update the tea book database. Time to figure out how to carry that list around without resorting to excess electronics (not possible, I imagine). And time to retrace my steps to find those books again, or simply look forward to the thrill of coming across them in some completely unexpected place.

3 comments:

Joy said...

That first one looks really cool! I want to peruse it!

More_cowbell said...

I must know: do you have the tea book from Mariage Freres in Paris? Last time I was there I regretted not getting you a copy, and I will be going next week when my mother comes to visit. SO?!

Joanna said...

Erika! I do have the Mariage Freres book and a book called French tea. It still seems so incongruous - France = coffee in my head. Do you have a sense that the tea culture there is big, growing, an older tradition, or something else entirely? What about in Utrecht/Amsterdam?